- Director: Robert Schwentke
- Writers: Brian Duffield, Akiva Goldsman
- Stars: Kate Winslet, Jai Courtney, Mekhi Phifer, Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort, Miles Teller, Cynthia Barrett, Justice Leak, Lyndsi LaRose, Charlie Bodin, Octavia Spencer, Zo Kravitz, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Tony Goldwyn
- Release Date: March 18, 2015
- Run Time: 119 min
- Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
One Choice Can Destroy You
The “Insurgent” story picks up just days after the story in “Divergent” ends. Tris, Four, Caleb and Peter are hiding out with the Amity faction, led by Johanna (Octavia Spencer). Tris is racked with guilt over the death of her parents, but she keeps trying to suppress her feelings (along with her feelings for Four) because she’s intent on getting to the Erudite leader, Jeannine (Kate Winslet) and killing her. But first, these rebels have to find the rest of their fellow Dauntless friends that left the training complex with them and avoid the Dauntless citizens who remained loyal to Jeanine, and are still being led by Eric (Jai Courtney) and Max (Mekhi Phifer). While Tris is trying to get to Jeanine, Jeanine continues to hunt Divergents, but not just because she considers them a threat. Jeannine’s minions have found a metal box decorated with the symbols of each of the factions. It contains a message from their society’s founders; something that Jeannine believes will validate her authority. In the meantime, Tris and company also encounter Candor, led by Jack Kang (Daniel Day Kim), and a group of the Factionless, led by a mysterious woman named Evelyn (a brunette Naomi Watts). All the factions play significant roles in this film, as do the major characters who survived the first film, one who didn’t, and some interesting new characters.